- PROJECT NAME
- Review of the biosecurity plan for the berry sector
- PROJECT CODE
- DELIVERY PARTNER
- Plant Health Australia
- PROJECT LEAD
- Rodney Turner
This five-year investment is tasked with reviewing existing biosecurity priorities, plans and needs for the rubus and strawberry industries, and will ultimately develiver a cohesive biosecurity plan for the Australian berry sector.
Like the existing individual industry plans, the berry sector plan will be a top-level document that identifies high-priority endemic and exotic pests, diseases and weeds, along with the risk mitigation activities required to reduce their biosecurity threat, plus surveillance and diagnostic activities.
It will provide a strategic framework for industry and government to work together to improve preparedness for and response to these potential threats.
Raspberries & Blackberries Australia represent the biosecurity interests of rubus growers (including raspberries blackberries), and Strawberries Australia represent the biosecurity interests of strawberry producers. Both Associations are members of Plant Health Australia and signatories to the Emergency Plant Pest Response Deed and are involved in:
- biosecurity planning and implementation at the national and farm levels
- liaising with federal and state governments on trade issues
- funding and supporting biosecurity initiatives
- participating in national committees and response efforts in an emergency.
For more information please visit planthealthaustralia.com.au